Yes you read it right, Green Mayo.. Weird huh, when I first used Avocado oil I really didn’t compute that it was going to be green. Colour aside it gives a lovely smooth flavour. This is one incredibly easy and tasty recipe (well two recipes technically), with plenty of left overs. The Mayo can be used in things like deviled eggs or to add extra flavour to your meal. The Coleslaw makes quiet a large bowl so if you don’t intend on using up in a couple of days just half the ingredients.
1 large egg
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. good quality Dijon mustard
1/3 tsp. Salt
250ml Avocado Oil or 1 cup light-flavoured olive oil (avoid EVOO as it is to strong for the mayo and overpowers the flavour)
- In a bowl place the egg, lemon juice and mustard. Leave it to come to room temperature, approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can use a blender to do this also.
- Add the salt and 1/3 of the Avocado oil start whisking vigorously till the ingredients form an emulsion.
- This is the fun part… with the remaining oil you need to drizzle it in slowly whilst whisking briskly. This will take a few minutes, but be sure to keep a slow drizzle of the oil. It will start to thicken up till it can hold its shape.
2 Carrots Grated Finely
½ White Cabbage Chopped finely
¼ Red Cabbage chopped finely
2 Zucchini Grated Finely
4 Spring Onions Chopped finely
½ Lemon To Taste
- place all ingredients except for the lemon) into a large bowl and mix in 2 large tablespoons of the Mayo and lemon till desired flavour is reached.
- Serve with your favorite protein 🙂