Muffins… I REALLY like muffins. I also like baking… I always have this disappointing moment when I eat a traditional or store bought muffin; The not so enjoyable tummy ache afterwards, which usually last much longer than the muffin did. Muffins are usually sugar loaded (even the gluten free ones, don’t be fooled by that trick), not to mention the flour and other nasties that make them deliciously dangerous for your fat loss and your insides.
So I have come up with a much less dangerous version of my favourite …. The Blueberry Muffin! Despite this being a recipe for Blueberry muffins the alternates are endless. You can use any other kind of berry or apples, or berry’s and apples together!! You can also omit the coconut if you don’t like coconut. This is a great base recipe for making a delicious treat with your favourite natural flavours.
These muffins are simple to make plus they freeze really well. They are a perfect go too if you’re looking for a sweet kick or to include in lunch boxes for the kids and family.
Blueberry & Coconut Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins: you will need a muffin tin and muffin cases.
2 Cups Almond Meal
1 Cup Flaxseed/Linseed Meal
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Natvia for Baking
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup Macadamia Oil (Coconut oil can also be used)
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
200 – 250 Grams fresh or frozen Blueberries
- Start by pre heating your oven to 160° (if fan forced or 170° if not fan forced). line your muffin tin with the muffin cases (this makes cleaning up afterwards a breeze).
- Place all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add in the Blueberry’s and mix through carefully.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins evenly.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Enjoy one fresh and warm out of the oven and freeze the rest 😉