I first tried Chia Pudding about 6 months ago, I was eating a pre made version which I had bought from the store. One very tiny bowl for one very high price. My work colleague mentioned that she had been making Chia Pudding at home and that it was stupidly simple. I hadn’t given it much thought till then but that weekend I made my first batch and its been evolving since then. This is my basic recipe which I build from – I am always making food/recipes from my head opposed to something written down, I encourage you to “mess” with the recipe to your hearts and taste buds content. This is now one of my go too desserts for when I get those niggly little cravings and (for me) is best served with fresh Strawberries. Its delicious, simple and very, very quick to make. This recipe makes a decent amount (approx 8 -10 serves) so its perfect to make for a family or to you have some in the fridge and will keep about a week. If you don’t want to make as much half the ingredients 🙂
1 Cup Chia Seeds
1/3 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
1/3 Cup Natvia For Baking (or other alternative natural sweeter)
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Essence
3 x Cups Macadamia Milk (Or milk alternative such as Almond Milk)
- Measure out and place all the dry ingredients into a bowl (Chia Seeds / Cacao Powder / Nativa). Mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of the Milk and stir through till well combined.
- Add the vanilla Essence and remaining Milk and mix through.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
- The pudding will thicken up quite quickly, if its thicker than you like just add more milk at the time of serving. Chia seeds absorb quite a bit a liquid.
- Enjoy 🙂